Monday, August 24, 2009

It's raining baby showers!






This last weekend we had 2 more baby showers. Saturday was my girlfriend's shower and Sunday was a joint shower with my sister with my mom's nursing school friends.

Saturday's shower was at my dear friend Kelly Morgester's house. Of course the decorations were so cute and the spread of food AMAZING! Kelly got these delicious little cakes that had champagne in them from a place called 3 women and a bakery. They were so good, I had to have a couple of them. :) Kelly and her mom Lynn just breathe creativity. Kelly made a really cute sign and some puffy blue decorations were hanging from her ceiling over the food table. Over the mantle was a clothes line of a bunch of onsies her and her mom made. I think my favorite was the tie onsie! There was a great turn out of friends.... mostly Gracelanders. It was great seeing everyone and celebrating the upcoming arrival of Baby P! We played a couple of games...... filling in the blanks on nursery rhymes and a funny relay race. The stations included diapering a baby blind folded, matching up the socks, guessing the baby foods, and who could drink from the baby bottle the fastest. Kelly always made me the winner of the games and gave me a couple of cute little gifts. The first was some sticker tags that can go in Baby P's books that say, "This belongs to________." She took the animals from our bedding and put a different one on each sticker. She also made us Babysitter sheets that would give the babysitter our cell phones, emergency contacts, feeding schedule, etc. I'm telling you guys, this girl is talented! We got a picture of me, Rebecca, and Kelly. Kelly was the lovely hostess and is expecting Little Mo on Thanksgiving Day. They are also keeping their name a secret. We didn't get Beth in the pic who is expecting her 2nd daughter just a little over a week after my sis and I. I told you, there are tons of pregnant friends!

Sunday's shower was at Cheryl's house, our mom's best friend. All of these women have been friends since they went to nursing school over 40 years ago. They always have such a great time when they are together. This shower was a joint one for Baby P and cousin Sam. We got so many great things including some BEAUTIFUL quilts that my mother-in-law is making both of us. She used the same fabric from our bumper pad. She bought one of the sheets from Sam's bedding set in order to match his room. They are still in progress but I have included a sneak peak pic. My dad couldn't stand missing out on the fun so joined the shower. I think he was jealous that Rebecca and I had "Expectant Mother" crowns so he made himself a "Grandpa" crown. Here is a picture of my sister and I at the end of our 32 week, soon to enter our 33rd week.

It was a great weekend filled with so many generous gifts, delicious foods, and more importantly great time spent with such wonderful friends and family.

No comments: