Well, it's official. We decided Gertie the VW beetle had to go in order to haul around Mr. Baby P and all of his gear. It really was a little sad to me, I really loved that little car. But, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the ones you love! We really had no problems selling the Beetle (I think it took less than 2 weeks). Then the unimaginable happened. We sold my car to a lovely family on a Wednesday evening. They were willing to give us through the weekend to get us another car. Thursday morning when I was leaving work, I gently "caressed" a pole at work. What the heck!!?? I was so upset! I swear being pregnant and working night shift is sometimes a bad combo for me. But, long story short, the car has since been fixed and the same family still bought the car. What a relief! So, last week we officially handed her off to the new family and bought a 2006 Mercury Mariner (mid sized SUV). Sorry I have not taken any pics yet. We feel very confident that we made the right decision. We had a couple of friends with us this last weekend and his stroller and car seat fit beautifully in our new car. Another step checked off our baby preparation list!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Bye Bye Gertie... Hello Monty!
Well, it's official. We decided Gertie the VW beetle had to go in order to haul around Mr. Baby P and all of his gear. It really was a little sad to me, I really loved that little car. But, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the ones you love! We really had no problems selling the Beetle (I think it took less than 2 weeks). Then the unimaginable happened. We sold my car to a lovely family on a Wednesday evening. They were willing to give us through the weekend to get us another car. Thursday morning when I was leaving work, I gently "caressed" a pole at work. What the heck!!?? I was so upset! I swear being pregnant and working night shift is sometimes a bad combo for me. But, long story short, the car has since been fixed and the same family still bought the car. What a relief! So, last week we officially handed her off to the new family and bought a 2006 Mercury Mariner (mid sized SUV). Sorry I have not taken any pics yet. We feel very confident that we made the right decision. We had a couple of friends with us this last weekend and his stroller and car seat fit beautifully in our new car. Another step checked off our baby preparation list!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the new Mariner! Can't wait to see baby P in it!
~Matt
i can't wait to see the car! i'm so excited about all the new things going on in your life!
Post a Comment