Friday, April 24, 2009

What's been going on??

Sorry, no pics this week! We've been busy trying to finish up our furntiture refinishing job for the spare bedroom. We think it looks AMAZING! (for an ameteur attempt anyways) We still need to buy some new hardware, put up new curtains, and hang a couple of things on the wall. Then we will post some pictures. It's funny how it takes getting PG to get our booties kicked into gear. So, we are excited to have the furntiture out of the basement so we can move onto the next phase of our to-do-list. Russ's office is getting moved to the basement. He's suprisingly ok with it because he has informed me it will now be his "man cave."

We have been searching and searching for daycare options already. I had been warned by friends and co-workers that this could be a difficult task. Boy were they right! We loved a place close to my work that was recommended by a co-worker. Slight problemo...... their waiting list is until Sept. 2010. Baby P will be almost a year old and I think work will want me to return before that! UUGGHH. So, I have been pouring over the internet, listening to suggesstions, and making cold calls. What would you know..... we have 2 appts next week to tour some places that have openings in Jan when we need to get in. I'm not holding my breath but will have my fingers crossed.

The other dilema has been my car Gerttie (that's right, she has a name people). I have loved my little VW bug and loved not having a car payment even more this past year. We quickly realized, how the heck are we going to fit a carseat and stroller in that little car!? So, we pretty much had ourselves convinced we were going to have to sell it. We even went and looked at cars. I went to a babystore by our house yesterday and they were kind enough to try putting both items in my car. They fit!! Not optimal, (I may be the only person short enough to ride in front of Baby P) but it can be done. My biggest concern was the stroller up until that point. To my suprise, I think I could even still fit a few bags of groceries in the trunk. So, Russ can breath easier now that he will probably be the one to get the new car before me. We've decided Sharice (yep his car is a girl too) just isn't safe enough in the winter and we don't want to put Baby P in danger.

Today marks one month till we can find out the sex of our little baby. It kind of feels surreal that we are this far along already. I don't feel like I really "look" pregnant yet. It's kind of an annoying stage because I defintely look chubbier but not necessarily PG. We are excited to know if we will be having a boy or girl so we can start working on the nursery.

So, that's what's been going on folks. Sorry no belly pics yet. When I officially look pregnant I might be brave enough to post it on the internet.

5 comments:

April & Alisha said...

Did you got to the baby store next to Classic Cookie? i love that place, it's all natural, organic stuff. I'm glad Russ is excited about his "man cave". Alisha loves hers. I can't wait to see your fancy refurbished furniture. The visualization of you driving Baby P around in your little bug is too cute!

Amber said...

The weather and you being pregnant is probably helping you get all sorts of things completed and marked off of your to-do list! Time is flying by so fast - but just wait until it slows to a turtle pace! :) Looks like I will be back to work just in time to experience all the fun questions you will be asking and changes that will be occuring for you and your body. I just know that this time in your life is going to be a priceless experience for you - but also for everyone around you! I'm laughing to myself just thinking about how I would love to be a fly on your wall .... Miss ya!

PS. I found your thank you card on my table yesterday (among the stack of baby magazines on my kitchen table). I will get it to Apes. Sorry!!! I just didn't want you to think I forgot about you!

Sarah & Scott said...

so exciting! i will be interested to hear how the daycare situation comes out! it is a definite task.

can't wait for baby bump pics...those first few months are frustrating when you can't fit into your clothes anymore, but there's no official bump! :( it will come soon!

Whitney and Dustin said...

You are busy! Scouting out daycare now is a great idea, it has been the biggest task to tackle! It does seem surreal that you are already this far & soon will know what you are having! That is such an exciting day! I am so glad you have felt good. It is a hard stage when to yourself you look pregnant, but to others you may not yet, don't worry your time will come! Enjoy the 2nd trimester & get everything done because it is defiantly when you feel the best!

Jenna Marlow said...

Hey Emily!! I have been keeping track of a few 4henson girls and when I saw you on there I had to see what you have been up to!! It sounds like you have been pretty busy. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is as great as the first trimester has been. It has been so much fun keeping up on everyone from CMH!! Keep in Touch!!