Friday, April 10, 2009

Baby Presents Already!




So, we defintely can feel the love already for our upcoming bundle of joy. We have recieved a few gifts already. How fun! My mom knitted a super cute little hat with ears on it while we were on our ski trip. We got a couple of little things from Russ' mom and now a homemade hooter hider. It's awesome! (well to me anyways, not sure what Russ thinks about it) Our family friend, Lynn made it for us. She is so creative! I've attached a couple of pics because she said if any of my pregger friends out there want one, she would be willing to make more. The great thing is that it's double sided. She researched and most of them out there are only one layer and you can usually see through them. We've also recieved a couple of congrats cards and a baby care package from a one of my sister's mom's friends (does that make sense!?). We feel so fortunate already!

CLARIFICATION: If you couldn't tell from the pics from our big announcement post, my sis is preggers too. Matt and Rebecca are expecting their first baby two days after us. Crazy huh!? My poor parents..... we got married 3 months apart and now we are having kiddos super close together. But, I know they are super excited to get into the role of grandparents. I just hope they aren't born on the same day since they are delivering in Indep and we are on the Plaza at St Lukes. But, we are really excited for our kids to be so close together. I've added a link to Matt and Rebecca's new blog on the right side. Check it out!

Also, I added a fun little poll. Please give us your best guess if you think Baby P will be a girl or a boy!

9 comments:

April & Alisha said...

Hooray for baby presents! I love the hooter hider, I've been looking at them for my sister but none were as cute as yours. I would love it if she could make another. Just let me know the details. I'm not sure yet what you two are going to have, maybe when I see you it will come to me.

"The Verhulsts" said...

Love your hooter hider- so pretty! Mine was truly a best friend!!

The Hammontrees said...

I would also love a hooter hider! And I see it's nice & big...I'll be covering 2 boobs & 2 babies :) How much is she charging? We should do lunch soon! Call me!

Whitney and Dustin said...

Very cute presents!!! I would LOVE a "hooter hider", I only have one, which Amber gave me. They are super expensive in the stores & yours in much nicer. Let me know the details! Hope all is going well with you & your babe!

The Assee Treasure said...

Ha, love the name hotter hider! I bet Russ got a kick out of that one.

Amber said...

Hooter Hiders are nice! Seems as though I never have a shirt on these days! :) The thought of you using that hooter hider is making me laugh. I can just see you getting all tangled in it or trying to figure out how to get your baby to your breast without a big hassle! God, I really wish I could be at work for this whole experience - I am missing out on some priceless times. I just know it! :) Miss ya!

beth said...

Gotta love Hooter Hiders!!! Carrie told me your news! That's Awesome! You and Rebecca will have a great time raising your kiddos together----save some playdates for me b/c I'll be adding another one on Oct. 24!!!

Sarah & Scott said...

i totally love the hooter hider. i had a hand me down one that i liked that looks very similar to that, but not double sided! at some point, if we get pregnant again, i will have to get her name from you. i voted "girl" by the way, but i am always wrong about gender, so you should probably just go ahead and start buying boy clothes. i'm so excited for you!

Steve and Becky said...

Congratulations Russ and Emily! We are so excited for you all! And you know cousins have been known to be born on the same day! :) Enjoy every minute of it! Miss you guys!