Sunday, July 12, 2009

Baby "P"eanut is spoiled!






On Saturday we had our first baby shower with our family. We had a great turn out of people, a delicious spread of brunch food, and lots of generous gifts we given. We are so blessed already! We appreciated everything we got but some of the highlights were a bathtub, monitors, swing, a beautiful hand-made blanket, lots of great clothes, bath time gear, lots of lotions and powders, diapers, etc. I've included a picture of how Russ thinks a boppy should be used :) People we joking around how I will come home from work and find him with it around his neck as a pillow while playing some PS3. Quite possible :)

My in-laws Mark and Sue were such generous hosts. As a small token of our appreciation, we gave Grandma and Grandpa Pearson a plant. I think they are already enjoying the ring of that..... Grandma and Grandpa!

There were 4 pregnant family members at our shower! Aunt Lynda is due with a baby girl at the end of August, me, my sister two days after us with Baby Sam, and cousin Trisha at the end of December. She doesn't know the gender quite yet. I am voting for a Christmas baby! Aunt Lynda had her shower Friday night at Smokehouse BBQ and also got lots of great gifts. We were so excited and pleased that our family in Iowa and Wisconsin made the trip down to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Girl Abbott and Baby Boy Pearson. Thank you to all of our family, near and far that made it!

We are continuing to work on the chair rail in the baby's room. Today we filled all the cracks, sanded and painted the first coat. We are pleased with the work so far. Wall colors are yet to be determined. Here is Daddy Russ lounging on the floor, tired from all of his hard work. Here is a belly pic at the end of 26, beginning of 27 weeks. As always, thanks for checking in on our progress!

1 comment:

April & Alisha said...

The chair rail looks great and your belly adorable. I LOVE your boppy cover. My sis has a boppy here in FL that I sit with. When I'm not holding my nephew it makes a great arm rest so I'm thinking it would be good for PS3 also :-)