Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's been a long time!





A couple of Friday's ago we celebrated my dad's belated birthday. Our immediate family went to one of my dad's all time favorites, Jack Stack BBQ. We decided to try out the Plaza location this time. Of course, the food was delicious! Most everyone else had already given dad his presents so we headed back to our house for one more present, cupcakes, and hanging out. Russ and I got mom and him tickets to a show in Branson for their upcoming trip. That afternoon I tried out my baking skills and made homemade vanilla cupcakes with a cheesecake frosting. Yum! Funny story.... my dad had told me that afternoon that maybe we could watch an action movie after dinner. He SPECIFICALLY said, "No dumb movies please!" So, what did we end up watching? Jack Ass Part II! I have to say we were all laughing pretty hard though! Happy belated birthday Dad Passman!

Here is a picture of our pretty much finished hardwood floors next door. What a job that was! They look great though. We just need to haul away the old carpet and do some touching up on the trim, etc. Oh the joys of having rental houses!

Last night Russ and I went to dinner with his mother, Grandma Betty, and Aunt Kay. Kay and her husband are sailing around the world and had to come back into town for her sick mother. :( But, we were still glad to see her! It is always so interesting and exciting to hear about their travels. She said they would like for us to come with them on the next part of their trip to Singapore. Wow would we love to but I think we would need to start taking up donations! That one just might not work out :( It's always good to spend time with family and eat good food! PS... will post pics later

No comments: