This last Friday Russ and I made a 9 hour treck down the Louisville, Kentucky for my friend Sandy's wedding. NOTE: there is a time change in Kentucky. We had no idea! We got checked into our hotel and thought we had about an hour to get ready. I just happened to look at the clock on the bedside table which said 5:53pm. I took my cellphone out which said the same thing. The wedding was at 6:30pm! We quickly changed our clothes and rushed to the wedding. They had just started when we got there. Sandy was beautiful and the reception was awesome. We didn't know anyone else besides the bride but sat with a great couple. They had been married 38 years and were still crazy in love. Hope we are like that!
For those of you who don't know, Sandy and I did the World Service Corps together about 8 years ago in Korea. We have stayed in touch all these years and she was in our wedding. She is a great friend and I am vert happy for her and James!
Russ and I ate at a cute little breakfast place called Toast and then started our drive back to Kansas City. It was a whirlwind of a trip but worth if for a great friend. I always try and tell myself to do for others as I would want done for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment