Friday Russ and I went to the Dr's office so Russ could get an allergy test. For those of you who don't know, they make a grid on your back and then scratch in a bunch of different things you could be allergic to. Such things are molds, pollens, animals, foods, trees, etc. Russ was pretty much allergic to everything except for food! Thank goodness he's not allergic to chocolate! :) The nurse was pretty concerned when she saw the big hives on his back. Then they did another test on his arm which was small SQ injections. We found out he is pretty allergic to cats and dogs. Thank goodness about the cats but I was a little sad to hear about dogs. Maybe we need to think twice about getting pets. :(
So, now we are faced with decided if we should put him on weekly allergy shots. We feel this is a big decision for many reasons and are waying out the options. So, please think of Russ. I never knew how severe his allergies really were and things we could be doing at home to help him! I think he's lucking out pretty good about the whole grass situation. We are probably going to have grass cutting be my job and laundry his.
No comments:
Post a Comment